Choosing an adoption agency can feel daunting. We are here to help!
Our staff understands adoption can be overwhelming. AAI will guide you through the entire adoption process with educational training, counseling, patience, and respect. We are mindful that you come to us with hopes, dreams, and questions.
Our experienced staff will be readily available to you by phone and in person to answer questions and help you feel comfortable at each phase. We want to inspire confidence in our agency, as you consider entrusting us with your deepest wishes.
Adoption Advocates’ mission is to serve the best interests of children, build families through adoption, treat all touched by adoption with honor and respect, and to serve as a resource to our communities.
Below is information about our philosophy to help you decide if AAI is the right agency for you.
- Our Birth and Evolution – AAI was founded by an adoptee and attorney (read Jane Hall’s story here) and molded by experienced social workers. We are committed to respecting the rights and showing equal consideration to all members of the triad. Our founder’s legal background influenced another basic value to provide only extremely safe legal adoption practices.In addition, some of the experiences of Jane Hall’s adoption led to making decisions about the child’s emotional needs. She sought the most experienced adoption social workers in the field to craft the agency’s policies and mission. Over the years, AAI has incorporated feedback from our clients and have used it to update our practices. We acknowledge that adoption is a continuously evolving field and pride ourselves in our ability to adapt to those changes.
- Respect – AAI and its staff are firmly committed to respecting all members of the triad. We know that birth parents come to us with many fears and feeling alone. We gently guide them through the process with warmth and support ensuring that they have explored their options fully before initiating their adoption plan.We know that adoptive parents have often suffered tremendous losses with their infertility. We educate and inform our adoptive parents as they take time to make their adoption decisions. Ultimately, Adoption Advocates places the child’s best interest first and are committed to our adoptees for a lifetime.
- Education and Training –Director of Education, Janie Cravens, has worked in adoption since 1979. She provides training to adoptive parents to prepare them for the ups and downs of the journey, how to manage their emotions, and what to expect in the future.Her workshops include understanding open adoption, lifebook training, talking with your child about adoption, talking with birthparents in open adoption, dealing with infertility grief, loss/separation for all members of the triad, and identity and cultural issues in adoption. (Read quotes from adoptive parents who have attended the training here)
- Open Adoption Practices– AAI is committed to open adoption in which the birthparents and adoptive parents having an authentic relationship- including meeting, sharing information, and perhaps maintaining contact after placement. AAI recognizes that all clients are different; therefore, there are varying degrees of openness depending on the clients’ needs and desires. We believe this benefits everyone involved, especially the adoptee.
- Legacy– AAI is truly a family business. Jane Hall founded the agency and affectionately refers to it as her “baby”. Watching the agency grow and take on a life of its own has been a great pleasure for her and now after 20 years, she has handed over the reins to her daughter, Rory.Rory Hall says, “Taking on this responsibility has been one of my proudest moments. I intend to honor my mother’s legacy by providing the best and most honorable services that an agency can offer.”