Adoption Advocates charges a comprehensive fee for placement of a child in your home.
Payment schedules & covered services are described as follows:
$9,500.00 DEPOSIT (credited toward total agency fee)
* Total of $9,500.00 due within ten days of receipt of letter of application acceptance.
$1,000.00 MONTHLY PAYMENT TOWARD AGENCY FEE THEREAFTER
* Balance due on the day of placement.
TOTAL AGENCY FEE $38,500.00
Services Covered Under the Comprehensive Fee
• Adoptive parent training
• Assistance in preparing profile and Dear Birthmother letter
• Receipt and review of all required documents and homestudy
• Phone and mail and fax charges
• Birth parent counseling
• Birth parent maternity expenses – rent, groceries, utilities, clothing, transportation
• Medical expenses for both mother and baby up to $9,000.00
• Termination of Birth parents’ rights – attorney’s fees and court costs
• Staff travel – transportation, meals and hotel if required
• Advertising throughout Texas of services for birth parents
• 24 hour a day intake and screening of birth parents
• Assessment and monitoring of Birth parent’s needs and concerns
• Liaison with birth parent’s doctor and hospital social worker; and facilitation of the hospital experience
• Facilitating relinquishment and placement, ICPC documents if appropriate
• Foster care if necessary up to ten days
• Legal Finalization of Adoption
Expenses NOT covered under the agency fee
• Home Study and post placement supervision
• DNA testing when required
• Mother’s and Baby’s medical in excess of $9,000.00
• Adoptive parent travel
• Legal costs associated with contested terminations
THERE IS NO FINANCIAL LIABILITY FOR THE SERVICES COVERED UNDER THE COMPREHENSIVE FEE, OTHER THAN PRE-PAID MEDICAL, IF THE BIRTH MOTHER YOU ARE MATCHED WITH CHOOSES TO PARENT.