At Adoption Advocates we have a great deal of respect for birth parents. We recognize what a tough time this can be for you. We know you want the best for your child, and we want what’s best for both of you. Care and services that may be provided by the agency may include:
- Counseling (individual, group and/or family sessions) before and after you place your child
- You can select the family you want to parent your child
- You can meet the family and establish a relationship so you know how your child will be raised
- You can participate in a post-placement plan with the adoptive parents that meets your needs and desires
- You can choose to give the gift of life…and have the decision supported and respected by the adoptive family
- Financial assistance including living and medical expenses
- You can rest assured your child will know he/she was placed for adoption through an act of love
- Follow-up services after relinquishment
- Each individual case is considered on a case-by-case basis
We know you are a responsible and caring person. Making an adoption plan for your child is a very loving and important decision. As a parent, you are in charge of your decision, and we are here to do whatever we can to help you.
At AAI, we believe that you are in charge of your own adoption plan. We believe that you have the right to ask questions and make your own decisions.
- Ask your first confidential question by calling 1.800.966.HOPE
- Email us some questions
- Request a confidential Birth Parent Information Packet
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section
- Read stories by women who have chosen open adoption
Adoption Advocates works with birth parents all over Texas. We will come to you wherever you are in Texas so you don’t have to travel.
If you live near the Amarillo and Texas Panhandle-area, please visit our page dedicated to our Adoption Services for Birth Parents in the Amarillo area to learn more.